If you read my post on making countertop yogurt, you can make this dressing for next to nothing. It’s much better than the stuff you buy in the stores. “Real” ranch is made with mayo, buttermilk, and sour cream. Since you can make two out of the three with leftover milk and cream and you have the spices on hand, this one’s a no-brainer.
- 1/2 cup of yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup yogurt sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 1 small clove minced)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 T chopped fresh chives if you have them
- 1/2 tsp dried dill or 1 tsp chopped fresh
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Gather your herbs and spices–there’s a lot of choice here with fresh and dried.
- Mix this stuff up.
COST: $ Nearly free if you’re making your yogurt. And it tastes really good!
Try making this yogurt for your lunch today!
Speaking of lunch, if you join my newsletter, you can get my free guide: Quick and Delicious Lunches to Make You Smile. Throw that PB&J out the door and never bring another frozen boxed meal again! I publish twice a month–lifestyle, money, classroom, and fun.