Who doesn’t love an egg roll?
Home cooks, that’s who. I started making this recipe when I went keto for a year to test for health reasons. I had to be strict about it because it wasn’t a weight loss diet (though that’s a side benefit!) it was medical. So, I started replicating my favorite foods in a low carb way. But this recipe is for everyone. It’s nearly free and delicious, too.
- cabbage. Napa’s great, but green will work too, and in fall, it’s on sale.
- soy sauce
- meat (optional)
- Stir fry the cabbage and onion in a bit of peanut or canola oil.
- Add garlic and ginger toward the end.
- Add some soy sauce.
- Add scrambled eggs (pre-cooked in the style of stir-fried rice, or just scrambled and tossed in)
- Add any meats you want, too.
COST: $ It doesn’t get cheaper than cabbage.
GLUTEN FREE: Yes.
VEGETARIAN: Yes. Don’t add the meat.
VEGAN: Yes. Don’t add the meat.
KETO: Yes. Completely
INSTANT POT: Yes. Use the sauté function. But, if making a bunch, it’s probably better in a large frying pan on the stove.
COOK AHEAD: This will freeze pretty well.